Saturday, November 30, 2013

5 Days Post-Ops and Downs

It's been a life changing week.  When I finally got home on Wednesday from the hospital I had some discomfort but the pain has been really manageable.  The more challenging part has been, as to be expected, with the food.  Learning my need stomach and what satisfied vs. full feels like.  The best analogy I can give is: it's like filling up a bottle using a funnel.  You try and guess how much will be ok but it is easy to overfill as the liquid funnels down into the bottle.  The feeling of overfull is immediate, I think.  Thankfully I have not had any nausea nor have I thrown up at all (knock on wood!).  I have my one week post op on Monday and I have lots of questions but I think I am healing well- my incisions are itchy=healing.  I am still having trouble taking a full breath, some of which I assume is swelling/bloating/all the IV fluids.  Overall, I am feeling good though.  Off pain meds.  Occasional gas discomfort in my left shoulder. but I can't really complain.

I did get on the scale today and I am only down one pound.  I am looking forward to being moving more again- feeling up for it.  We went out yesterday and it wiped me out.  It was good to get outside though, even on black Friday!  Ha! 

Two more days then back to the kids. :-)  

xo
This one is from the first week of August with my dad. (Close to 390) 

 Today 11/30/13  (358, down about 30 lbs)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment