Sunday, December 29, 2013

Clogged Pipes and Breaking (Bad) Wind

Back to the gym tomorrow.  Between Christmas and being struck down with a nasty cold, the gym was the last place I wanted to be.  However, my body is feeling a little sluggish as a result and I am hoping the gym does the trick. I had emailed my nutritionist about "getting things going" and she suggested Senna Tea.  I have yet to pick any up but maybe after the gym tomorrow if a good walk does not get things going.  Filed under the "things they don't tell you pre-surgery" category is that most people only have a BM every 3-4 days.  WHAT???  That is nuts!  The reality is, only now, in week 5 am I getting close to 800 calories a day and 75g of protein and almost 2L of water each day.  I also have epic farts.  EPIC!  They are not stinky, just a lot of air.  This new body is fascinating.

Week 6 starts tomorrow.  Aside from the clogged pipes, I am feeling pretty good.  I am eating a lot of chicken.  Im still not allowed to eat raw veggies, which I miss a lot.  (Right?)  Simple things like iceberg lettuce would be delish.  I am looking forward to making lettuce wraps in the future.  Meat, cheese, lettuce.

In other news- I parted ways with the FB group I had joined pre-surgery.  I don't want to go into all the details but it is for the best.  I am still connected with a few folks who I was able to really connect to/relate to. I am sorry to lose such a large support system but I found it was doing more hurt and support and that is not the point.  My other current frustration is that my nutritionist is booked through the middle of January and is only available until 4pm.  I work until 3:45...so what is a girl to do? She has been fairly available via email but it is just not the same.  Hopefully, my old nutritionist in the neighborhood can start seeing me again.

Let week 6 begin.

HW: 386
SW: 370
CW: 333 (-53)
GW: Healthy!

2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration to me! I was just sleeved yesterday and am very excited to start my new life. �� WTG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 53lb loss! I also have been missing veggies like crazy, which is insane because I would usually consider it a diet food that isn't that appetizing. I can't wait until i can put grilled chicken on salad! We do miss you in the group, but it is totally understood that people need to do what is best for themselves. :-) I will def. be continuing to follow your blog though! Looking forward to starting teaching and it is so nice to follow somebody who has to combine this diet with the teacher's life lol.

    Glad to hear you are doing well!

    http://sarah-projecthealthandfitness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete