Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Fitting In

It is really cold here in NYC.  Manhattan just funnels the cold air up the long avenues and it is painful at times waiting for a light to change (when we are not j-walking).  Here is me waiting in the freezing subway.  

Monday, when I was waiting for the train to go into work I sat down on one of the benches that has individual seats (I assume to prevent people sleeping on them).  The first thing I noticed in the past was how it felt to sit down.  Tight, uncomfortable, my hips just too wide to fit comfortably.  There was a period of time when I never sat down.  I didn't want to impost my body on any one and I didn't want to be uncomfortable myself.  So yesterday, when I went to sit down, I slid right in.  My butt fit!  It might seem silly or minuscule (no pun intended) but sitting in a normal size seat is a triumph.  

I am so excited for the day when flying is the same way. Stay warm!  -Meredith



2 comments:

  1. Honestly, don't hold your breath for airplane seats! I find them an uncomfortably tight fit nowadays! :) -Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I am sure. :-) I dream of bullet trains. I do look forward to not needing a seatbelt extender. Flight attendendents are always nice about it but it never feels good to have to ask for one. Thanks for reading Penny!

    ReplyDelete