Sunday, January 19, 2014

War Wounds (WARNING: Scar photos!) and Challenging Myself

I am just five days short of my two month "sleeveaversary".  I am 60 pounds lighter.  I have 5 scars on my tummy.  Four of them are small like the one on the right.  It is about 3/4 of an inch wide.  One is about 1.5 inches.  They are looking good though.  Slowly fading.  I have to admit, there were more than a few moments where I was worried about not healing properly.  I had a scab that was hanging on but now it is off and just my five little scars.  Early on there was the feeling that they would open up. Maybe that is natural?  I have only had surgery once before and that was getting my tonsils out and I was 13.  I am healing, day by day.  My scars are war wounds of my battle with my weight and I am winning.









This morning I went and took a free trial kickboxing class at +CKO Kickboxing.  It was hard but great! After a quick overview of the different moves (about 10) I was ready to start.  Glad I brought water and a towel like they suggested on the website.  I was sweating in the first 10 minutes.  There are a few things I am not able to do yet (full push ups being one-and a new goal).  For the most park I did keep up though.  It was a well designed work out led by Sonja.  I liked working with the resistance band as well, something to invest in.  I wish membership was more affordable but I think I will try and go on Sundays for pay by the class.  Woo-hoo for kickboxing and sweating!

Oh, and Go Seahawks!




1 comment:

  1. Great job at attending a fitness class! I've started one too and it's amazing the kinds of things we can learn!

    ReplyDelete