Monday, April 7, 2014

First Mental Milestone: 100 LBS!

I have been sick since Friday.  By the time I got home Friday evening it was clear it was not just allergies as I so often hope this time of year.  Fever in full force, I grabbed a Popsicle and put on PJs and snuggled in for the night.

I politely excluded myself from teaching Saturday school and slept the day away.  By Sunday I could not look at the giant pile of clothing on my bedroom floor so I very slowly started to go through everything.  It took the better part of the day in between frequent rest stops.

I could not resist trying on the dress I had intended to wear for my wedding but when it came the color was totally not what I had picked out.  It is a size 20.  (Mind you, the dress I eventually made for myself with the help of the amazingly patient Carisa, was far more beautiful.)  It was amazing to see myself in this dress, a dress that had made me cry.

I got on the scale this morning, Monday, still fevery and weighed myself- 284.  286 was the magic number I felt like I was never going to pass but it happened.  102 pounds lost forever and never coming back.

I also got a Fitbit- one of the little clip on ones.  I have only been using it  a few days but I like it so far and I can sync it with My Fitness Pal, where I track my food.  I am feeling good and making progress as you can see!

Thank you TINY TUMMY!  And thank YOU to all of you who have been cheering me along the last 5 months.  Your support means the world, even the silly "likes" on Facebook help to keep me focused and working hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment