Sunday, March 30, 2014

Closing In On 100 and trying to keep things interesting

I weighed in this morning.  I am down 95lbs.  5 more to go....I thought I was plateauing but it is not the case.  Good news.  :-)

It's been a long couple of weeks.  It is that time of the school year that the fatigue is starting to kick in and spring break can't come soon enough.  I have to admit I am getting kind of bored with my usual food items.  The Greek yogurt is still good and will probably be a mainstay in my diet for a long time to come.  Lunch is harder- I just don't have the kind of time I need to really eat so I only have a very small meal that will get me through the afternoon.  I do a lot of low fat turkey and cheese roll ups which are fast and easy.

I tried two new recipes today. I made Foodie Fiasco's Cauliflower Risotto tonight- using chicken stock and a Vadalia onion.  I finished with some pecorino romano, for a little tangy salty/nuttiness.  I had really needed a break from meat for one meal- it was nice to just have some veggie goodness.

I also made something I am calling Oatmeal Protein Cookies- adapted from another recipe.  Here is my version:

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Mix all the wet ingredients together. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.  Slowly add dry to wet.  Scoop out golf ball size cookies onto a silpat - I used an ice cream scoop to get the same size cookie each time.

Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
  • 0.5 cup(s), Applesauce
  • 0.5 cup(s), PB2
  • 0.25 cup(s), Water - Municipal
  • 1.0 tbsp(s), Vanilla extract
  • 1.0 egg (50g), Egg
  • 0.5 tsp(s), Baking soda
  • 0.25 tsp(s), Spices - Salt, table
  • 1.0 tsp(s), Spices - Cinnamon, ground
  • 0.5 cup(s), almond meal
  • 4.0 scoop (23.3g), 100% Whey Protein Isolate - Natural
  • 2.0 cup(s), Old Fashioned Oats
  • 2.0 of a cup (32g), Special K Protein Cereal
  • 2.0 tbsp(s), brown sugar

  • Nutrition Facts
    Servings 24.0
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 107
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 3 g5 %
    Saturated Fat 0 g2 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 9 g3 %
    Sodium 102 mg4 %
    Potassium 77 mg2 %
    Total Carbohydrate 13 g4 %
    Dietary Fiber 3 g11 %
    Sugars 3 g
    Protein 8 g15 %
    Vitamin A0 %
    Vitamin C8 %
    Calcium0 %
    Iron62 %

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Meredith! This takes courage, discipline, and persistence. AFSE is here to help in any way we can. You're being a model for students!

    ReplyDelete