Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pre-Op Day 2- The Rules

Today was better than yesterday, as I suspected it would be.  I think the key to these two weeks is going to be keeping busy.  Work helps.  I am a high school teacher and I really don't stop from the moment I leave my house in the morning until the time I get home and put my PJ's on.  I like being busy and I like structure.  I am a rule follower.  Rules sometimes make things easier.  Rules also make things really hard.  It means I am on a liqid diet for 2 weeks and get to watch my husband eat delicious, fluffy soft pretzles tonight and then have an ice cream sandwich later (he did eat real dinner, btw.)  I want this so much that I don't make up the rules as I go.  I follow every rule and highlight the guidelines in the packet from my nutritionist.  I am that girl.

Todays menu:
1 Scoop Muscle Milk Light powder w/ unsweetend almond milk- I didn't finish it because I didn't wash my travel mug well enough and it smelled yucky. :-(
Small tea w/ skim milk
3 protein shakes- GNC Total Lean 25 (Strawberry, Chocolate, Pumpkin Spice)
Green Giant Steamed broccoli spears
1.5 C of Chicken Broth (no salt)
1 Scoop protein powder
2 T Fat free dressing on the broccoli
2 SF jello cups

Im still way under the 1000 calorie RULE.  About 780...I can't drink another protein shake though!  Note to self- email NUT tomorrow.
Onward and Downward!

No comments:

Post a Comment