|I kinda love this! Maybe I will fart rainbows |
when I reach my goal!
I went for my 1 month (but it was more like 6 week) follow up this week. I was really nervous to go because I feared my surgeon being disappointed with my progress (as I write that, I know it is ridiculous). I have been stalled for about 2 weeks- about when the transition to soft foods came. I know things are changing because my clothes continue to get bigger but the number on the scale is not changing. Yes, I know what you are saying, "Meredith, put your scale away. You know that is not the best way to gauge your success." I know, I know.
I found this tip list about a month ago and I keep coming back to it as a reminder of things to do as I am eating:
Use these tips to slow down the eating process.
• Eat 5 small meals per day, do not skip meals
• Check the clock, take 30 minutes to eat every meal. It may help to keep a clock at your kitchen table.
• Cut your food into small pieces and chew each bite about 20-30 times or until it feels like puree in your mouth.
• Use a small spoon, cocktail fork, chopsticks or baby utensils. This helps you to eat smaller bites and helps control the speed of your eating.
• Learn to savor the flavor and really taste each bite of food.
• Place sandwiches and other finger foods back on your plate between bites.
• Put your fork/knife/spoon down between bites.
• If you are right handed, eat with your left hand, and vice versa. (Check out this spot ABC News just did on eating with your opposite hand.)
• Don’t let other people rush you, take your time and enjoy your food!
All good tips for me to remember. I will keep working on getting 60-80 grams of protein in each day (easier said than done!). I will not worry about counting carbs because protein and veggies come first! I will drink 2L of water each day. I picked up two flavors of Dasani Drops, the Cherry Pomegranate is my favorite.
Hope all is well!