Wednesday, February 19, 2014

3 Month Follow Up

This was me with the DeVito family this summer, in August to be exact.  This was at my highest weight, 386.  It is a little shocking to see.  I didn't remember this picture from this summer but when I was looking through for something else on Charlie's FB page, I came across this.  I want to qualify, I was happy in this picture.  I am not angry about my weight.  I went swimming that summer at the shore.  I didn't care.  I knew that the journey was beginning...


Now, check out today.  The difference is amazing to look at side by side.  That is what 76 pound weight loss looks like.  I go to NYU today for my three month check in, blood work and meeting with my nutritionist.  The last time I was there was in early January, around 6 weeks.  I know Dr. Ren was happy with my progress but I was really nervous going.  This time around, I am confident.  I know I am doing what is right by my body and that each day gets me closer to my goal and a long and healthy life.

To everyone who has been so incredibly supportive of me the last few months, I am humbled by your kindness and love.  So many people I know are met with contentious feelings and anger, even by loved ones and my experience has been the contrary.  I am lucky to have so many people in my corner cheering me on.  Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. You are a rock star.. that is all I can say and I am so happy to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete